Tenant Fee Information Page
Applying for a Property
An initial ‘Holding Fee; is payable when applying for any property. This is equivalent of 1 weeks rent and is payable when completing the online application. This amount is deducted from the first month’s rent, which is payable prior to the day of move in. There is also a deposit (of 5 weeks rent) payable.
The Holding Fee is refundable under the following circumstances:
• The landlord withdraws the offer to apply for the property
• Our Agency withdraws the offer to apply for the property
The Holding Fee is non refundable under the following circumstances:
• You no longer wish to apply for the property
• You provide false/misleading or inconsistent information on your applications
Permitted Payments During Any Tenancy
2. Tenancy Deposit
3. Refundable (in the above circumstances) Holding Fee
4. Payments to change the tenancy – where requested by the tenant £50
5. Payments associated with early termination of any tenancy agreement Should a tenant request to terminate their tenancy earlier than their signed agreement and the landlord and letting agent are in agreement with this request, then the following applies; There is an allowable associated cost. This cost will be the equivalent amount of the outstanding rent. Should the tenant (once advertising has commenced) then decide to retract their request to vacate early the cost of the re letting fee is payable by the tenant. This cost is £175 (incl VAT). This is an associated cost which is has been incurred as a result of the tenant serving their notice.
6. Payments associated with a request to change the tenancy agreement by amending the rental due date Where any tenant requests to change the monthly agreed date the rental payment is due (in accordance with the signed agreement) The cost is £50 (incl VAT). This request must be made in writing and must be agreed with the landlord in advance. In these circumstances the rental amount from the original and the new agreed date plus the £50 (incl VAT) cost must be paid on the original due date. The rental payments can then be made on the new agreed date.
7. Default fee for late payment of rent under a tenancy agreement The amount of the default fee is 3% over the Bank of England base rate, which is currently 0.75% (as of 23.05.19 but is subject to change). Therefore all late rental payments more than 14 days overdue will be charged at the current rate of 3.75% (subject to change, in accordance with the Bank of England)
8. Payments for utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax.
Our letting business is managed and operated through Moloney & Partners Ltd. trading as Just Lettings
We are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPO) & the Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP Membership No.006875) & My Deposits – Deposit Protection Scheme.